Bluesonic and Rider Communications System SRCS User Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bluesonic and Rider Communications System SRCS User ForumLog in

User Forum, Reviews and Information about Schuberth Bluesonic and the Schuberth Rider Communications System SRCS Bluetooth Motorcycle Intercom with integrated Headset for Schuberth Helmets

descriptionNew Zumo 660 not supporting Bluesonic EmptyNew Zumo 660 not supporting Bluesonic

more_horiz
Well I'm a bit worried it won't be, see this thread.

Last edited by konfucius on 2009-06-03, 15:51; edited 1 time in total

descriptionNew Zumo 660 not supporting Bluesonic EmptyRe: New Zumo 660 not supporting Bluesonic

more_horiz
It looks like I'll be getting my new 660 on Friday, it will bes exciting to see if it will connect to Bluesonic.

descriptionNew Zumo 660 not supporting Bluesonic EmptyRe: New Zumo 660 not supporting Bluesonic

more_horiz
Well I wont be getting it today, new information says I'll be recieving it on Wednesday next week.

more_horiz
I have not managed to connect my Bluesonic as a headset to my new Zumo 660, so I sent a question to Schubert support regardng this anda here is the reply:

"Hello

the Garmin Zumo 660 is not compatible with Bluesonic in this time, i become in the next weeks a new softwareupdate from Garmin and then maybe is it possible to connect.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen"

So a new firmware for zumo 660 next week its seems.

more_horiz
I get concerned when one party (Schuberth) expects the other party (Garmin) to provide a fix to a compatibility problem. WishfuI thinking? I believe you said earlier that Bluesonic also has issues such as not supporting the A2DP profile that Zumo 660 is offering.

Anyway, what is the current status of your pairing efforts? Did you pair the Motostation succesfully to the Bluesonic? What devices are on your Motostation? Does the priority scheme work? And have you paired a mobile phone to Bluesonic? Can you get nav commands from the 660 via the FM radio audio-in and the Motostation?

Lots of questions, I'm sorry. I realize that you need time to sort out all of this.

One thought inspired from my visit to Schuberth import: The tech guy initiallly paired my Zumo 550 to a larger helmet. For the test ride I needed a smaller helmet. That would not pair to my Zumo until we removed the first helmet from the list of Bluetooth devices registered in my Zumo. Could it be that your Bluesonic already knows one GPS (your old 550) and will not accept a second GPS until the first one is somehow removed from the Bluesonic memory? Just a long shot.

more_horiz
I agree, at this time the zumo has a lot of issues, so well have to wait and see a few months, we had the same trouble when the 550 was new. Bluesonic does not support A2DP, thats because Schuberth wanted to have stereo sound sent to two helmets, A2DP does not support that.

So far I have managed to connect the zumo 660 to Mototstation Audio in via a 3.5mm stereo cable, for music and nav commands, works fine, sound in both helmets.
Since I cant pair the Bluesonic as a headset to the 660 I have paired my iPhone 3G directly to the Bluesonic, works fine. Thats all Ive done so far, still no fm radio, need time to ride the bike to Very Happy

Well Schuberth has confirmed that Bluesonic cant pair with zumo 660 and the Bluesonic Ive got has never been paired with a zumo 550 (as far as I know), so I don't think thats the problem.

more_horiz
Got a new mail from Schubert Support today:

"Hello

Sorry the Garmin Zumo 660 is not compatible in this time. The Problem is know by Garmin. Please question in 3 or 4 weeks.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Schuberth GmbH"

So it seems a new firmware for zumo 660 might be out in 3-4 weeks?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply