Bluesonic and Rider Communications System SRCS User Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bluesonic and Rider Communications System SRCS User ForumLog in

User Forum, Reviews and Information about Schuberth Bluesonic and the Schuberth Rider Communications System SRCS Bluetooth Motorcycle Intercom with integrated Headset for Schuberth Helmets

descriptionSRCS = Bluesonic successor from Schuberth EmptySRCS = Bluesonic successor from Schuberth

more_horiz
It appears that Schuberth have now introduced their long awaited successor to Bluesonic. It is called Schuberth Rider Communications System (SRC System). It is offered by Louis, Germany, at a list price of € 299,95. Louis ordering numbers are 20013995 or 20013996, depending on helmet size. Delivery no earlier than week 48 (late november). The SRC system is easily built into a C3 helmet by replacing the existing neck piece. It has all the nice features that one might expect from a bluetooth helmet system, e.g. A2DP stereo protocol and a 6-channel FM radio with RDS. For bike to bike communication it is interoperable with Cardo Scala Rider headsets which suggests that the new Schuberth system is developed in cooperation with Cardo, and possibly built by Cardo. That is good news considering the reputability of Cardo. Firmware can be upgraded through a PC. The SRC system does not have a wired station at this time and it is not clear how one might attach a PMR radio which is the only feature that I would like in addition to the feaures listed by Louis.

The Scuberth www home pages in Germany or Denmark do not have information concerning the SCR system at this time.

Regards, Magnus

descriptionSRCS = Bluesonic successor from Schuberth EmptyRe: SRCS = Bluesonic successor from Schuberth

more_horiz
Interesting that there is no information from Schuberth regarding this, it looks to be a fantastic system with RDS radio which I have been looking for, I have a C3 and a R1 helmet, so Ill be ordering one set and see if it can be installed on the R1. Hopefully it will work with Zumo 660...

Anyone thats interested in two complete Bluesonic systems and a Motosation Wink

descriptionSRCS = Bluesonic successor from Schuberth EmptyRe: SRCS = Bluesonic successor from Schuberth

more_horiz
When I zoomed in on the picture on the louis.de site, I noticed this:

SRCS = Bluesonic successor from Schuberth Srcs_c10

It seems to be made of Cardo! I thought the speaker looked just like the ones on Scala Q2, thats kind of bad since those dont have very good sound, but we will see, at least Cardo makes good bluetooth headsets and my Q2 works very well.

* Changed the subject to include SRCS

more_horiz
Great zoom, Konfucius! The Cardo link is confirmed. My Cardo Q2 is also working quite well. However, I am not entirely satisfied with the FM radio. It is difficult to tune to specific FM stations, e.g. the local traffic radio, and to recognize which station is playing. Hopefuly, the RDS feature will make it easier.

I am also missing the PMR capability. Konfucius, have you been able to use either of your two bluetooth attachable PMR radios (Midland 445 BT or Albrecht BPA 200 adapter) in bluetooth mode with your Q2? Where in the headset priority scheme does the PMR radio come in?

The Midland 445 BT has been discontinued with no replacement which narrows the PMR bluetooth options unless Schuberth comes up with a station. What are your thoughts or experience on this point?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply