Bluesonic and Rider Communications System SRCS User Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bluesonic and Rider Communications System SRCS User ForumLog in

User Forum, Reviews and Information about Schuberth Bluesonic and the Schuberth Rider Communications System SRCS Bluetooth Motorcycle Intercom with integrated Headset for Schuberth Helmets

descriptionWhere have you put your Motostation? EmptyWhere have you put your Motostation?

more_horiz
Haven't installed my Motostation yet, I don't want to have it in a tankbag since I don't use that very often, so I want it installed on the bike somewhere.

descriptionWhere have you put your Motostation? EmptyLocation of Motostation

more_horiz
I don't have bluesonic/motostation yet but I had it demoed by the supplier. Seems to work fine with my Garmin 550 and Nokia 5500. The motostation will fit under the seat of my BMW F650GS twin. I plan to power the motostation from the power cable that runs to the power outlet on the fake tank cover. I already power the Garmin 550 that way. Advantage being that the power shuts down shortly after the ignition is turned off so none of devices will drain the battery.

descriptionWhere have you put your Motostation? EmptyRe: Where have you put your Motostation?

more_horiz
I was out riding about 1000km this weekend with my wife, since I haven't got my Zumo 660 yet I used the Nuvi 765t from the car, mounted it and the Motostation temporary just next to front instrument gauge and powered it from the power outlet, it works fine, but it is a bit annoying that the power cuts out for a second when you start the bike, so the Motostation reboots everytime.
I think i will power it directly from the battery via a fuse and a switch, that way you can start all the stuff up before you turn the ignition, since it takes a while for everything to boot up, also that way you don't loose the power if you take a brake.
The battery will last for several day even if you let the GPS and Motostation on, but I will use the switch to turn it of during the nights, I had this setup on a previous bike and it worked fine.

Now I haven't tested it, but to mount the Motostation under the seat might not be the best place since you have the seat and your body in the way, on the other hand, I had bluetooth dongles mounted under the seat on a previous bike and those worked very well so it might work, but try it before you mount it permanently and let us know how it works out.

descriptionWhere have you put your Motostation? EmptyRe: Where have you put your Motostation?

more_horiz
I am taking note of your good suggestions for powering the units. For location of the Motostation, the problem is that it is rated environmentally to only IP54 (not waterproof), not IPx7 like the GPS. Therefore, it needs a protected location, e.g. under the seat and not on the handle bar.

more_horiz
Yes, you need to put it on a weather protected place and also its a good idea that its not visible from the outside, since its not cheap...

more_horiz
Why are you connecting the Zumo to Audio In rather than Nav In on the Motostation? How is your mobile phone currently connected to the Bluesonic system?

more_horiz
Two reasons, I get only sound intermittantly if I connect it to Nav in, havent reported this issue to support yet and since Music and Nav commands are mixed in the same output from Zumo I cant have it prioritized above the Intercom, in that case I cant hear the intercom if music is playing.

more_horiz
And the phone is paired directly to the Bluesonic headset, since Bluesonic is not supported on zumo 660, so I miss all the nice phone features on the 660 Sad

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply