Bluesonic and Rider Communications System SRCS User Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bluesonic and Rider Communications System SRCS User ForumLog in

User Forum, Reviews and Information about Schuberth Bluesonic and the Schuberth Rider Communications System SRCS Bluetooth Motorcycle Intercom with integrated Headset for Schuberth Helmets

descriptionHave you tried any other bluetooth headsets for the bike? EmptyHave you tried any other bluetooth headsets for the bike?

more_horiz
I've had a few, the latest IMC BHS-600 was pretty good, except when you used it with a PMR radio, then the battery drained very fast.

descriptionHave you tried any other bluetooth headsets for the bike? EmptyRe: Have you tried any other bluetooth headsets for the bike?

more_horiz
My requirements are GPS, mobile phone, FM radio, MP3, and PMR. I ride solo 99% of the time so intercom is not a requirement. I need systems for flip-up helmets, - BMW and Schuberth. I have used cabled systems so far. First Peltor, and then for the past about 10 years systems from Baehr. I have searched for cableless alternatives. Two systems seemed to meet my requirements: Bluebike (now merged with Baehr) and Bluesonic. In the end I opted for Bluesonic, partly because I could test it before buying, partly because it is an elegant system specialized to Schuberth helmets. I hope that I made the right choice.

I was close to buying Cardo Scala Rider Q2 that has integrated FM radio and get good ratings from users. But mounting in a Schuberth flip-up helmet is difficult. A touring friend has installed a Motosonic system in his C2 helmet but uses it only for GPS and music. Motosonic got top scores in Swedish Bike Magazine recently. My friend is likely to switch to Bluesonic if my installation proves successful.

descriptionHave you tried any other bluetooth headsets for the bike? EmptyRe: Have you tried any other bluetooth headsets for the bike?

more_horiz
So far I'm pretty happy with Bluesonic, the few things that irritate me so far is:

1. The sound level is to low when using hearing protection.

2. Cant play music when using intercom, the music gets interrupted to often because of the wind interfering with the mics, works good when not using intercom, low volume though.

And I'm a bit worried that the new Zumo 660 might not be able to use Bluesonic as a headset, but that's not confirmed.

I've heard some good about the Scala Q2 and some bad, the few buttons has to many functions and the fm radio is a bit hard to use when riding.

more_horiz
Re sound level: can you turn up the sound level in Bluesonic, either with the remote IR control, or through a program in a PC with bluetooth? Would that help?

Re Zumo 660 compatibility with Bluesonic: garmin.com has zumo 660 manuals in many languages. Nothing indicates as far as I can see any possible problems with 660. Everything seems like the 550 as far as pairing is concerned. 660 has many nice featues above the 550, including stereo music over bluetooth.

more_horiz
Well I have the volume set to maximum and you cant set it higher with the software, you can set it to increase it faster depending on your speed, but its still to low for me.

You cant use the bluetooth stereo in 660 with Bluesonic since Bluesonic dont contain the standard A2DP profile (bluetooth stereo), Schuberth made there own to be able to send stereo to two headsets, standard A2DP can only handle one headset, so you cant pair Bluesonic as a stereo audio device to Zumo 660.

The 660 has different bluetooth hardware than 550 and you connect your Bluesonic to the HS (headset) profile on Zumo, I have read that other bt headsets are having problem pairing with 660 so we'll see, I dont know yet, I'm just worried, but then I'm the worrying kind Rolling Eyes my wife calls me to pessimistic, but I'm not, just realistic Smile

more_horiz
Anyway I have sent my issue with low soundvolume to Schuberth, lets see if they respond.

more_horiz
I have temporarily stalled further efforts to get Bluesonic and Motostation installed. I would like to see Schuberth and/or Garmin rectify some of the usage and compatibility issues that have been documented by users. In the meantime I use a simple wired headset with phones only, no mic. I have connected the Zumo 550 and the little Chinese FM radio through a switch to a 3,5 mm stereo female. Power switch, audio switch and the female jack are mounted in a small waterproof box on the handle bar. I can easily flip the audio switch while driving and listen to either nav commands and MP3 music from the Zumo, or to FM radio, both in stereo. Volume is no problem. I can see incoming phone calls on the Zumo but not answer (call back) until next stop.

This setup will have to do for a few months. By then I hope to have located a good bluetooth solution, preferably from Schuberth although Cardo also looks promising.

more_horiz
I'm working on a review of the Bluesonic system, but since its riding season, it will take another week or so before its finished.

more_horiz
I am impatient. Therefore, I have ordered a Cardo Scala Rider Q2 bluetooth headset to be mounted in my Schuberth C2 helmet. I am keeping my C3 helmet idle until Schuberth/Garmin comes up with something that is more compatible then the current Bluesonic/Zumo 660 combination. I talked to another rider who installed Q2 in his Schuberth Concept helmet that is very similar to my C2. He is very happy with the system in every respect. The Q2 will give me GPS (Zumo 550). mobile phone (Nokia 5500), FM radio (built-in) and MP3 music (from Zumo or from jack in Q2). Intercom is less important to me although I would like to have PMR eventually.

One issue is that Zumo 550 does not offer stereo via bluetooth. I could run a cable from Zumo audio out to Q2 audio in but that would sort of defeat the wireless objective. I understand that there are bluetooth dongles that can connect to Zumo audio out and transmit stereo bluetooth. Anyone having tried that? What make of dongle? I will also need to consider whether a dongle will actually pair with Q2. Any opinions? Replacing the 550 with a 660 will not solve the issue since Q2 does not use the A2DP stereo bluetooth profile that 660 uses.

more_horiz
Well as you say, you will not get stereo sound to Q2 since it doesn't have A2DP, I used to have a dongle to my 550 and to a IMC headset, it worked just fine, but I'm not sure Q2 will pair with a dongle, I think it only accepts music via a cable.

Have you checked that Q2 will fit on a C2? I have read it can be hard oi fit on a C3 since the mechanism to open the helmet is in the way.

I have several friends with Q2 and they are happy with it, the Intercom is excellent, but the radio is a bit hard to operate.

You know there is a new Scala G4 with A2DP on the way?

more_horiz
It is also my impression that folks are generally quite satisfied with the Cardo Scala Rider Q2 headset. I am fairly convinced that it can be mounted in a C2 helmet. I have photos showing how it was done in a Concept helmet which has its sunvisor handle located in the same location as on the C2. I don't know how to include photos in a post but I can mail them directly if desired. I have even succesfully simulated the installation of the 20 cm long microphone wire in my C2. The C3 helmet is different because the sunvisor handle is located down below obstructing the potential position of the Q2 helmet clamp. Therefore, the C3 will not facilitate the Q2 headset.

I was not aware of the upcoming Scala G4. Thanks for pointing it out. I checked on the net and decided that I will not change plans. The G4 has longer range intercom and offers A2DP stereo sound. However, the G4 can be delivered no earlier than September 2009 and will cost somewhat more than Q2. By September I also expect Schuberth to offer an enhancement or replacement to the Bluesonic. Until that time, I will consider the Q2 an interim, disposable item for me. The G4 helmet clamp is to be located in the same position as the Q2 helmet clamp, i.e. not suitable for the C3 helmet. Schuberth will have to solve that issue.

Incidentally, I noticed from testimonials on the net that the Zumo 660 can be succesfully paired to the Scala Rider Q2. I am not sure what functionality people achieve with this pairing other than perhaps nav and phone.

more_horiz
Konfucius, in your first post above you mentioned PMR. What is your experience with using PMR through bluetooth? Have you installed PMR on your current Bluesonic/Motostation? Have you tried earlier on to connect a PMR radio to a bluetooth dongle such as the Albrecht BPA 100 that comes complete with PTT button? Success in pairing the dongle to a bluetooth headset? If I could connect a PMR to a BPA and get the BPA paired to a Cardo Scala Rider Q2, then I might have a system that in principle and for the time beeing meets all my functional requirements, - nav, GSM, MP3, FM and PMR.

more_horiz
Yes I used PMR with my previous IMC BHS 600 system, the problem is that the channel between the headset and PMR is always active so batterytime drops a lot, the BPA 100 battery wont last more than 3-4 hours, but I now use a Midland 445bt a PMR with integrated bt and I connect it to bike power while riding, haven't tried it with bluesonic yet though...

more_horiz
How do you use the Midland 445 BT PMR if not paired to Bluesonic? Hardwired through Motostation?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply